Product Line(s): CHO-BOND®
Product #: 50-01-1029-0000-55 (1lb kit) 50-00-1029-0000-55 (3 oz. kit) *See ordering information for size options and further description on part numbers.
- Product Info Sheets
- PDF #1 Download »
CHO-BOND 1029: CHO-BOND 1029 is a silver plated copper filled, two-component conductive silicone designed for applications where a flexible, strong, conductive electrical bond must be achieved. CHO-BOND 1029 greatly simplifies the problem of bonding conductive silicone EMI gaskets to metal substrates. It is formulated for relatively small bond lines (less than 0.010 inches (0.25mm)), and should not be used as an EMI caulk where bond lines are greater than 0.10 inches (0.25 mm). Low volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and minimal shrinkage upon curing make CHO-BOND 1029 a good choice for a variety of commercial and military applications. Curing of CHO-BOND 1029 can be achieved in as little as 30 minutes with heat to minimize equipment downtime and increase manufacturing throughput. CHO-BOND 1029 is supplied as a two component system, one part liquid and one part wet powder solid. For optimum mixing and material performance, the sand-like solid part should be added incrementally to the liquid part and mixed slowly over a 10 minute time period.
For best adhesion results, CHO-BOND 1029 should be used in conjunction with CHO-SHIELD 1085 primer. Typical applications include bonding, repair, and attachment of EMI gaskets, and sealing around EMI vents and windows.
Features and Benefits:
- Two component
- Fast heat cure, increases throughput, minimizes equipment downtime.
- Silver plated copper filler
- Good conductivity 0.060 ohm-cm.
- Low VOCs
- Minimal shrinkage.
- Heat cure silicone
- Flexible, 120 minute working life, > 450 psi lap shear strength, 24 hr handlingtime at room temperature , wide range of application temperatures. 1 week for full cure.
- Non corrosive cure mechanism
- No corrosive by-products generated during curing to damage substrate.
- Thick paste
- Can be used on overhead or vertical surfaces.
50-00-1029-0000 3 oz kit, comes with 1085 primer, typically in stock
50-01-1029-0000 1 lb kit, comes with 1085 primer, typically in stock