Product Line(s): CHO-BOND®
Product #: 50-01-1038-0000, 50-02-1038-0000 *See ordering information for size options and further description on part numbers.
CHO-BOND 1038: CHO-BOND 1038 is a silver-plated copper filled, one-component conductive silicone. It is designed for use as a fillet, gap filler and seam sealant on electrical enclosures for EMI shielding or electrical grounding. Minimum recommended bond line for CHOBOND 1038 is 0.007 inches (0.18mm). In addition, CHO-BOND 1038 may be used for EMI gasket repair, bonding, and attachment in applications where moderate strength (less than 150 psi) is required. CHO-BOND 1038’s moisture cure silicone polymer system allows it to cure to the touch in 24 hours and provides a robust conductive and environmental seal over a wide range of application temperatures. For applications requiring zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or minimal shrinkage, Parker Chomerics offers a solvent free version of CHO-BOND 1038 called CHO-BOND 1121.
For best adhesion results, CHO-BOND 1038 should be used in conjunction with CHOSHIELD 1086 primer.
Features and Benefits:
- One component
- Easy to use, no weighing or mixing required.
- Silver plated copper filler
- Excellent conductivity 0.010 ohm-cm
- Moisture cure silicone
- 30 minute working life, rapid skin formation, 24 hr handling time, requires no pressure during curing, wide range of
application temperatures. 1 week for full cure.
- Non corrosive cure mechanism
- No corrosive by-products generated during curing to damage substrate.
- Medium paste
- Easy to dispense, apply and spread, can be used on overhead or vertical surfaces.
- No VOCs version: CHO-BOND 1121
- Minimal shrinkage, no permits or ventilation required.
50-01-1038-0000 1 lb kit, comes with 1086 primer, typically in stock
50-02-1038-0000 4 oz kit, comes with 1086 primer, typically in stock
NO VOCs version: Cho-Bond 1121, Part No: 50-01-1121-0000 (1lb kit)